Members with children that are high school seniors are invited to apply for scholarships available through the Essex-West Hudson Labor Council AFL-CIO. Ten $1,000 scholarships will be awarded for one academic year. Applications must be received by April 15, 2024. Click here for the application.
- Seven academic scholarship awards of $2,500.00 per academic year for four years
- Three $2,500.00 special scholarships per academic year for four years, one in each of the following categories:
- Outstanding Student-Athlete
- Outstanding Student Service
- Outstanding Appreciation/Understanding of Unionism and the Labor Movement
Get ready to ride in the 11th Annual Local 825 Poker Run. Registration is from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. Sunday, Sept. 24, at the Dayton Training Center. The ride will end at the Old Bridge Moose Lodge with plenty of food and music. The Poker Run benefits Local 825. See flyer for complete details.
Sunday, September 24th, 2022
$50 per person
Payments will only be accepted by credit/debit at the door.
Registration: 9am – 11am
Local 825 Training Center
338 Deans Hall Road
South Brunswick, NJ
Old Bridge Moose Lodge
1221 Englishtown Road
Old Bridge, NJ
Food and Music
All proceeds benefit IUOE Local 825.
For more information contact Chris Lalevee (973) 671-6956
Who May Apply
Any person, male or female, attending, or planning to attend any institution of higher learning (University, College, Junior College, Technical or Trade School). Please note that preference will be given to applicants who pursue either a degree or certificate in architecture, engineering or other vocation directly related to the construction industry.
An applicant must either be an employee, or the child of any employee of a member firm of the New Jersey Steel Association Inc., or contributor to the Steel Industry Advancement Fund. More particularly:
- Children of members of Shopmen’s Local 502 whose parent (or guardian) is employed by a firm operating under a labor agreement with Local 502.
- Children of ironworkers referred to work by Iron Workers Local 11 (formerly, Local Unions #11, 45, 373, 480 and 483) as employees of a firm signatory to a labor agreement with Local 11.
- Children of operating engineers (Local Union #825) referred to work as employees of a firm signatory to a labor agreement with that Local.
- Any ironworker or operating engineer of the above mentioned unions who is employed by a member firm of the New Jersey Steel Association, Inc., or a contributor to the Steel Industry Advancement Fund.
- All other employees of member firms of the New Jersey Steel Association, Inc. or firms who contribute to the Steel Industry Advancement Fund as well as their children. However, executives and directors of member firms and their children are excluded.
- No paid officers or agents of the above mentioned unions or their children are eligible.
- Only one (1) child per family is eligible based on the applicant’s address.
- Until amended, total annual scholarship shall not exceed $25,000.
When to Apply
Applications must be addressed to:
Jack Daly, Les Hynes Scholarship Committee
New Jersey Steel Association, Inc.
50 Division Street, Suite 501
Somerville, NJ 08876
Email completed application to : Pagano@tvjjrp.com
First the good news. Sponsorship opportunities are still available for Local 825’s 11th annual golf outing on May 13. See the flyer for info. Next the bad news (if you waited to sign up as a golfer): all golfer slots have been filled. This event always sells out.
Don’t wait to sign up for the 11th Annual Golf Outing set to take place at the Gambler Ridge Golf Club on Saturday, May 13. This event sells out, so registration is first-come, first-served. As in the past, opportunities also exist for various levels of sponsorships. See this flyer for the details.
This program offers three awards: First place, $2,500. Second place, $1,500. Third place, $1,000.
Students are eligible if they have a parent or guardian who is a member in good standing in a local union which is affiliated with the Middlesex and Somerset Counties AFL-CIO Labor Council, or if the applicant is a union member, the student must be a member in good standing in a local union which is affiliated with the Middlesex and Somerset Counties AFL-CIO Labor Council. Local Union must also be in good standing with the Council. To determine if the Local Union is affiliated and in good standing with the Council, please contact your union’s business office.
In addition, applicants also must:
- Provide verification of acceptance at a post-secondary educational institution and verification of a B average or above in the graduating class. An official high school transcript must accompany the application. Scholarship awards will not be awarded without these verifications.
- Write an essay of not less than 250 words on the subject of the Labor Movement detailed on the application form. Instructions are found on the application form.
Completed application and essay must be postmarked by Friday, April 14, 2023, and mailed to Middlesex-Somerset Scholarship Committee at 1295 Livingson Ave., North Brunswick, NJ 08902.
Our members with children that are high school seniors are invited to apply for scholarships available through the Essex-West Hudson Labor Council AFL-CIO. Ten $1,000 scholarships will be awarded for one academic year. Applications must be received by April 17, 2023. Click here for the application.
Applicants must attend (or plan to attend) a college, university or technical school and be a member or the child of a current or deceased member of a union affiliated with the Monmouth and Ocean Central Labor Council AFL-CIO.
Our members with children that are high school seniors are invited to apply for scholarships available through the Essex-West Hudson Labor Council AFL-CIO. Ten $1,000 scholarships will be awarded for one academic year. Applications must be received by April 15, 2022. Click here for the application.