As the cost of higher education has skyrocketed in recent years, it has become increasingly difficult to afford a college education. Each year, Local 825 members raise funds to help children and grandchildren of union members afford to college.
We encourage applicants to apply for the academic scholarship and multiple special scholarships. However, only one award will be awarded to an applicant. Local 825 reserves the right not to issue a specific scholarship if it is determined that there is not a particularly “outstanding” candidate in any of the categories.
The following scholarship applications are now available:
- IUOE Local 825 Scholarships
- Jack Daly, Les Hynes Scholarship Fund of the New Jersey Steel Association, Inc.
- Essex-West Hudson Labor Council AFL-CIO 2023 Essex County Labor Scholarships
- Monmouth & Ocean Counties Central Labor Council Memorial Scholarship
- Essex-West Hudson Labor Council AFL-CIO 2023 Walter V. Genuario Scholarship Program
- 2023 Middlesex & Somerset Counties AFL-CIO Labor Council’s Raymond A. Peterson Scholarship
- H.B. “Scoop” Slack Memorial Scholarship
(We will be adding information about additional labor-related scholarship programs in the coming weeks, so be sure to check this page periodically for updates on even more opportunities.)