All golfer slots have been sold out for the May 7 golf outing.
The good news is that a range of sponsorship opportunities are still available (see flyer). In addition, donations to the scholarship fund are appreciated. Make checks payable to the IUOE Local 825 Scholarship Fund, 65 Springfield Ave., 3rd Floor, Springfield, NJ 07081. For questions or more info, call 973-671-6911.
Applicants must attend (or plan to attend) a college, university or technical school and be a member or the child of a current or deceased member of a union affiliated with the Monmouth and Ocean Central Labor Council AFL-CIO.
The Mercer County AFL-CIO Labor Council offers two separate scholarships: The Frank Thompson Jr. scholarship and the George L. Pelletteri scholarship. The amounts are $500 for the George Pelletieri scholarship and $2,000 for the Frank Thompson scholarship.
For both, applicants must be a high school senior and the child of a current or deceased member of the Union affiliated with the Mercer County AFL-CIO Labor Council.
Required proof of eligibility includes:
- Verification of class rank and SAT scores
- An essay of no less than 200 words on the subject “What the American Labor Movement has meant to my family.”
Sign up now for the 10th Annual Local 825 Golf Outing benefitting the Scholarship Fund. Once again, this year’s outing will be held at the Gambler Ridge Golf Club in Cream Ridge, NJ. It’s coming up quick, Saturday, May 7, beginning with lunch at 11:30 a.m. to be followed by a shotgun start at 1 p.m. More details, including information for sponsorships, are on the flyer. Be sure to save the date, this event sells out and is always a great time.
Our members with children that are high school seniors are invited to apply for scholarships available through the Essex-West Hudson Labor Council AFL-CIO. Ten $1,000 scholarships will be awarded for one academic year. Applications must be received by April 15, 2022. Click here for the application.
Two-hundred fifty (250) applications will be available for the Operating Engineers Local 825 Apprenticeship Program class that will begin January 2022. This class of apprentices will be part of a dual program with Hudson County Community College; apprentices will take classes at HCCC and earn credits toward an Associate of Applied Science degree.
Applications must be completed online starting at noon on November 15, 2021. Applications will be closed after 250 submissions; please be ready with all required documents.
For more information, go to: www.825earnandlearn.com
Applicant requirements (must upload documentation at time of application):
- Applicant must be at least 18 years of age,
- Applicant must have a valid driver’s license,
- Applicant must have a high school diploma or GED; and must
provide high school transcript or GED transcript,
- All military veterans must provide a copy of DD-214.
- Seven academic scholarship awards of $2,500.00 per academic year for four years
- Three $2,500.00 special scholarships per academic year for four years, one in each of the following categories:
- Outstanding Student-Athlete
- Outstanding Student Service
- Outstanding Appreciation/Understanding of Unionism and the Labor Movement