As the cost of higher education has skyrocketed in recent years, it has become increasingly difficult to afford a college education. Each year, Local 825 members raise funds to help children and grandchildren of union members afford to college.
We encourage applicants to apply for the academic scholarship and multiple special scholarships. However, only one award will be awarded to an applicant. Local 825 reserves the right not to issue a specific scholarship if it is determined that there is not a particularly “outstanding” candidate in any of the categories.
Local 825 announces the beginning of its 2020 scholarship program.
The following scholarship applications are now available:
- IUOE Local 825 Scholarships
- IUOE Local 68 Scholarships
- Monmouth & Ocean County Central Labor Council Memorial Scholarship
- Mercer County AFL-CIO Labor Council Scholarships
- Middlesex and Somerset Counties AFL-CIO Council Raymond A. Peterson Scholarship
- Bergen County Central Trades & Labor Council AFL-CIO Scholarship Fund
- Essex-West Hudson Labor Council AFL-CIO Scholarship Fund.
- New Jersey Steel Association Jack Daly, Les Hynes Scholarship Fund